Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

IUL : generate interrupt input pin

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to generate an irq input pin to the NIOS. 

Earlier, in SOPC Builder 4.1 and before this was easily be done generating an interface to user logic. 

Now the "Create New Component" Wizard lets me create a bus interface to which I can connect the user logic, but no interrupt inputs to the NIOS are generated though I request one in the wizard's signal section. Neither the connection to the NIOS symbol (when instantiating it in a schematic top level in Quartus) is generated nor is an irq number assigned. 

Any ideas what's wrong? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I think it is not in the default list of signals, but you should be able to define a signal and assign to irq or irq_n. 

Stefaan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The GUI (new component wizard) is not the problem, I can define an irq and assign it to the bus interface. 

However, there is no irq number assigned to the generated component (SOPC Builder system view) and the nios system has not irq input, which is defined in the module.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

skoegl, 

I made the same experience. With 'create new component' it is not possible to create a signal of type 'irq_n', but you can assign it to 'irq', then you have a pin and a number!. This is a failure in SOPC builder (V 4.2 Build 157) I think. 

Mike
0 Kudos