Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

System ID address

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

When in SOPC we added SYS ID, we can change base address for it, but how the flash programmer to know about it? When I added the SYSID, a have to specify the base address 0x021208B8, because another cause " ID value does not match". In another words, when I change address in SOPC to e.g. 0x8000000, what I have to do?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by leszekd@Mar 7 2006, 09:21 AM 

hi, 

when in sopc we added sys id, we can change base address for it, but how the flash programmer to know about it? when i added the sysid, a have to specify the base address 0x021208b8, because another cause " id value does not match". in another words, when i change address in sopc to e.g. 0x8000000, what i have to do? 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=13191) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

If you&#39;re using the flash programmer GUI in the IDE... nothing. It looks at your system .ptf file and figures out where the system ID periperhal is, if any. If you&#39;re writing your own commands or shell scripts to program flash, type nios2-flash-programmer --help and look at the output -- there should be a flag which you can pass in the base address of the sysid. Note that an easy way to get this right is to use the IDE flash programmer GUI to program flash once.. it will write out a shell script for you to model if you want to go that route.
0 Kudos