OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL GPU access on Windows over RDP/Remote Desktop

Chris_S_8
Beginner

I would like to be able to detect and access the Intel GPUs using OpenCL even over RDP/Remote Desktop sessions so that I can deploy applications that can utilize the full system capabilities even without direct console access. Right now, it appears that I would have to switch to use an alternate remote access client like VNC to keep the Intel video drivers loaded and keep the GPU accessible.

Having the GPU available over RDP would help with systems that are being remotely managed and crunching large amounts of data that can benefit from GPUs. Being able to use RDP allows for a login system that fits well with corporate login systems and doesn't need an additional remote client access installation.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Chris,

What OS do you have? On Window 8 and beyond, remote access should be no issue. Same for CentOS 7.1, I believe.

0 Kudos