Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14557 Discussions

Address Mirroring of command-address lines in memory down configuration (dual rank)

Raj_Kr
Novice

Hi,

We have used Intel Xeon Processor D-1746TER in our design and completed the schematic & layout design part.

We have connected 36 DDR4 (with ECC) devices on 2 channels in dual rank (x8) configuration.

In the reference document "576513_Idaville_LCC_PDG_Rev2_2"  page- 212, it is stated that "Address mirroring is allowed on second rank only for certain pins. SPD Bit 0 of Byte131
needs to be modified accordingly." 

Now we have a doubt related to this-

Which pins are allowed for address mirroring? we could not find any list of such address pins which can be address mirrored in Intel's reference design documents.

So, Please share us the details of those address pins.\

Please try to answer asap.

Thank You 

Raj Kumar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello Raj_Kr,

I've carefully reviewed your post and would like to guide you to our specialized forum for these concerns, where you can receive more prompt responses. For your convenience, I have transferred this discussion to the "Server Products" Forum.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Raj_Kr
Novice

Hi Norman S.,

Thank you for the response.

You are requested to resolve the query on priority basis.

Thank You

Raj Kumar

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Raj_Kr,

Good day!

Since it is related to Intel® Xeon® D-1746TER Processor, we have a separate forum where you can get further assistance.

Kindly use the below link and submit your request.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/bd-p/embedded-networking-connectivity

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Best Regards,

Salman.

0 Kudos
Raj_Kr
Novice

Hi Salman,

As you suggested in your last reply, I had reposted the same query on the provided link.

But, still I didn't get any response from support side.

please help me out with this asap.

Thank You

Raj Kumar

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Raj_Kr,

Thank you for the update!

Since it is related to Intel® Xeon® D-1746TER Processor, our embedded community team are the team best equipped to assist you with this.

They do make an effort to respond to all inquiries. I would request you to give it some time and I'm confident they will be able to assist you.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 Kudos