14552 Discussions

Getting BSOD when Intel Virtualization Technology is activated

Bumble-B
Beginner
0 Kudos
45 Replies
Bumble-B
Beginner

chatted with a corsair employee... he told me, if memtest86 doesn't find errors, it's no RAM issue... now doing memtest86...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, have it your way.

Good luck moving forward.

Doc

0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

memtest86 didn't find any errors...

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Bumble-B, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. The information provided by Al.Hill is accurate troubleshooting. For testing purposes it is recommended to test another memory and see if the issue persists; however, only do so if you have a spare RAM you can use. Something else you can try is take the BIOS settings back to default, if applicable, update the BIOS version to the latest one released so far. It is also highly recommended to report this issue to your motherboard manufacturer to see if there have been reports about this same issue. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

Thank You for the Answer!

I already did a BIOS Update and posted the issue in 2-3 forums (nvidia, microsoft, this).

I think i will wait a few days and see, if the issue comes back with VT enabled...

EDIT:

Did a ASUS Request

0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

another system crash with VT enabled:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Information (local)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: TOBBER-2K16

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS

Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z170 PRO GAMING

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz Intel8664, level: 6

4 logical processors, active mask: 15

RAM: 17117523968 bytes (15,9GB)

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. 

Crash dump directories: 

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Tue 14.05.2019 14:59:37 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051419-6328-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B37E0) 

Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80674BF3380, 0x0)

Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). 

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Tue 14.05.2019 14:59:37 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x684438) 

Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80674BF3380, 0x0)

Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_desktop_ref4i.inf_amd64_87fe2a70eb0ad3fe\nvlddmkm.sys

product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 430.64 

company: NVIDIA Corporation

description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 430.64 

Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). 

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 430.64 , NVIDIA Corporation). 

Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

should i try running the system with only 1 RAM?? (8GB)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are dealing with this problem on multiple forums.

I think it is time for you to start questioning your motherboard and/or the bios, as well as the memory.

And, you might want to do a clean install of the OS, as we have no idea of all of the changes or settings that have been made since you are using multiple forums to deal with this problem.

The IPDT says your processor is good. Have the cosair employee help you debug/test your memory. Have Microsoft troubleshoot your crashes. Have nvidia help you diagnose your crashes.

Doc

0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

The corsair employee just said, a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION could be something else than RAM Issue, if memtest86 finds no errors...

Microsoft people analyzed the Dump files and came to the answer, it's really a NVIDIA Driver Issue....

The Nvidia community at least helped me enclose the Issue: like, if VT is disabled the Issue didn't happen, but also says i should change the memory...

The last clean install of my OS was in the beginning of March...

0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

what's also strange: Speccy shows 'Unknown' at RAM

Summary

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 @ 3.50GHz 31 °C

Skylake 14nm Technology

RAM

16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1500MHz (15-17-17-35)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170 PRO GAMING (LGA1151) 31 °C

Graphics

Acer XB240H AÒ (1920x1080@144Hz)

BenQ EW2440L (1920x1080@60Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (NVIDIA) 61 °C

Storage

465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD)) 32 °C

1863GB Western Digital WDC WD2003FZEX-00Z4SA0 (SATA ) 38 °C

465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00LPVT-80G33T2 USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD)) 32 °C

Optical Drives

HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30

OPTIARC DVD-ROM DDU1681S

Audio

Sound BlasterX AE-5

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are working with cosair on the ram issue. Ask them.

Doc

0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

i think corsair just wanted to get rid of me....

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I understand completely.

Doc

0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Please stop generating unnecessary posts.

Doc

0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

ordered new RAM and M.2 SSD... will change the RAM and do a clean system install, when it arrives...

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Bumble-B, Were you able to change the RAM? Let me know the outcome when you test the new RAM please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

today i got new RAM and a new M.2 SSD... i will make a fresh install of Win10 on the M.2 SSD and i think i will first test it with 32GB of RAM and look how long the system runs stable...

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Bumble-B, Have you been able to test and see if the system runs stable? Let me know if you need more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Bumble-B, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Bumble-B
Beginner

i changed the RAM in my system and did a fresh win10 install... swapped the RAM in my PC with the RAM in my father's PC and now my PC runs stable with 2x16GB Kingston HyperX = 32 GB RAM and the Corsair RAM also runs stable in my fathers PC (4 x 8GB = 32GB RAM)

the 4x8GB Corsair didn't work in my PC...

but i didn't install Hyper-V yet....

0 Kudos