Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14573 Discussions

Intel XTU (eXtreme Tuning Utility) STUCK on Splash Screen

Sakka_Souffle
Novice

I am no longer able to get into the XTU utility. It hangs on the splash screen and there is 0% cpu/ram in Task Manager for the process.

i9-9900KF
Windows 10

I have Uninstalled and made sure to select (Options) to remove any previous profiles. it has not helped. I have also read forums here and tried the suggestions and it is not helping.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Sakka_Souffle.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

One potential troubleshooting step you could try is reinstalling XTU after ensuring that all its associated files and registry entries are completely removed from your system. Have you tried the Windows update? It might be helpful to check for any Windows updates or driver updates that could potentially resolve compatibility issues with XTU. Sometimes, outdated system components can cause conflicts with certain software utilities. Also, have you tried removing the old versions of Intel® XTU and deleting all Intel® XTU folders before upgrading to the latest Intel® XTU version?

Additionally, I'd like to point you toward a helpful resource titled "Common Issues and Resolutions for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility," which could provide solutions to the problems you're encountering. 

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Von M.
Intel Customer Support Technician

Sakka_Souffle
Novice

Thanks for messaging me Von, I check windows update every day, sometimes multiple times. i did the install and removed any intel folders associated with it. i did check registry and deleted the only value i could find associated with it. i've tried a lot of the "tricks" on these forums and i'm super surprised that nothing has worked yet. it's a very strange issue. i'll check out that link you sent me. but i'm really not sure what happened. if you need me to send any other information i would be happy to oblige. it goes to 0% cpu usage in task manager so i feel like something isn't communicating properly with something else. i added a .png below

I hope to hear from you soon

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Sakka_Souffle.

I appreciate your persistence in troubleshooting the Windows Update issue and for trying various solutions. It's quite perplexing that none of the common fixes have resolved the problem, and the 0% CPU usage in Task Manager is certainly an anomaly that warrants further investigation.

After reviewing the .png file image you've attached, it seems we might need to delve into more technical details to diagnose the issue. Could you please provide any system logs, error messages, and the exact Intel® XTU version that you're currently using? This information could offer valuable insights into what might be causing the communication breakdown.

In the meantime, kindly let us know once you already check this link, Common Issues and Resolutions for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, and if this link helped you to fix the issue.

Best regards,
Von M.

Sakka_Souffle
Novice

Hello again Von! The version of XTU i'm using is 7.14.1.12
I've provided the SSU .txt file that the program output to help you solve this strange issue. i appreciate you helping me and i'm very curious as to what exactly the issue is. i'm counting on learning something new from that, lol. Thanks again. -Nathan

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Sakka_Souffle.

I appreciate your fast response. Thank you for providing the SSU .txt file; it will greatly assist us in diagnosing this peculiar issue. We will need to do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Sakka_Souffle
Novice

Hello there Von!

Just checking back to see what you were able to come up with, or if you need any additional information on my end for Troubleshooting further. Hope to hear from you soon sir!

Regards, Nathan.

0 Kudos