Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

No enough data to complete minimum assessment in IO Margin Report meaning

Simpson_C
Beginner

Dear Intel experts

We got the IO Margin tool result for SATA SSD with some Intel platfrom.

I found that there's a statement

"No enough data to complete minimum assessment. # Systems: 1, Repetitions: 5" highlighted in red in the report.

How should I interpret this?

Does it mean I need to run the test with more # systems to have the IO margin tool judge the result as pass or fail?

Since I did not see any pass, fail or warning noted in the result as usually seen in the IOMT report.

SATA IOMT result.PNG

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Simpson_C
Beginner

Notice that it is an Intel ICE lake based server.

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Simpson_C,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the IO Margin tool results for your SATA SSD on an Intel platform. I understand that you have come across a statement in the report stating, "No enough data to complete minimum assessment. # Systems: 1, Repetitions: 5," highlighted in red, and you would like clarification on its interpretation.

This statement indicates that during the testing process, the IO Margin tool did not have sufficient data to make a definitive assessment of the performance of your SATA SSD. The "# Systems: 1, Repetitions: 5" part of the statement provides information about the testing conditions. In this case, the tool was run on a single system for a total of five repetitions.

In order to interpret this statement accurately, it is important to consider the purpose of the IO Margin tool. The tool is designed to assess the performance and reliability of storage devices under various conditions. It analyses the data transfer capabilities of the SSD and provides pass, fail, or warning indications based on predetermined criteria.

In your specific case, since the tool did not have enough data to complete the minimum assessment, it did not provide a pass, fail, or warning result. This could be due to several factors, such as insufficient testing repetitions or a lack of diverse system configurations. It does not necessarily mean that the test failed; rather, it indicates that the tool could not draw a conclusive judgement based on the available data.

To address this situation, you could consider running the test with a larger number of systems and repetitions. This will help ensure a more comprehensive assessment of the SSD's performance. By increasing the sample size and diversifying the testing conditions, you can gather more data points for the IO Margin tool to evaluate, providing a more accurate assessment of the SSD's capabilities.

I hope this explanation clarifies your concerns. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Allan

Allan_A_Intel

Dear Simpson_C,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on the issue you raised regarding the IO Margin tool results for your SATA SSD on the Intel platform. It has been a few days since my last response, and I wanted to check if you have any further questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Please know that I am here to provide any additional information or clarification you may need. I understand that interpreting the IO Margin tool results can sometimes be complex, and I want to ensure that you have a clear understanding of the situation.

If there are no immediate questions or concerns, I will follow up again in 3 business days to see if there are any updates or if you require any further assistance. Please feel free to reach out to me in the meantime if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
Simpson_C
Beginner

Hi Allan

Thanks for prompt response.

I'm trying to get  results with a larger number of systems and repetitions at this moment.

So I can't give you futher feedback until I get these.

Is it ok to continue the discussion on this thread after I get the result ?

Or should I open another thread ?

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Simpson_C,

Thank you for your prompt response and for keeping me updated on the progress of your investigation. I understand that you are currently conducting tests with a larger number of systems and repetitions to gather more comprehensive results.

It is absolutely fine to continue the discussion on this thread once you have obtained the results. There is no need to open another thread at this point. I will be monitoring this forum thread to ensure that I am available to assist you whenever you are ready to provide the updated information.

If you have an estimated timeframe for when you expect to have the results available, please let me know. This will help me plan accordingly and ensure that I am actively checking the thread around that time.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I look forward to further assisting you in resolving the situation.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Hello Simpson_C,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to reach out and kindly remind you that I'm here and available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if there's anything I can do to help. I'm committed to ensuring your satisfaction and providing you with the support you need.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Simpson_C,

I hope this message finds you in good health. I'm reaching out again to remind you that I'm here and ready to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Your satisfaction is my top priority, and I'm dedicated to providing the support you need.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience if there's anything I can do to help. I'm eager to address any issues you may be facing and ensure that you have a positive experience.

Thank you for your time, and I eagerly await your response.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Simpson_C,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to reach out regarding the inquiry you posted. It seems that there have been a few follow-ups from our end, but unfortunately, we haven't received a response from you.

Firstly, I want to express our gratitude for your initial query and the time you invested in reaching out to us. We truly value your engagement and appreciate your interest in our products/services.

As we strive to provide excellent customer support, I wanted to ensure that we haven't missed any of your concerns. If there are any outstanding questions or issues you'd like us to address, please let us know, and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

However, if you feel that your question has been adequately answered or your issue has been resolved through the previous interactions, we kindly request your confirmation. This would help us ensure that we can effectively close this inquiry.

In the event that you require further assistance or have new questions in the future, we encourage you to post a new thread on our forum. Our dedicated team and community members will be ready to provide you with the support you need.

Once again, thank you for your participation and patience. We truly value your partnership and look forward to any future interactions.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Simpson_C
Beginner

Hi Allan

Thanks for your attention on this thread first.

I have to say that current we don't own have this icalake based platform at hand. It's located in one of our customer site.

So I still need some more time to get further result to reply to you.

I think we can just have this thread close and I'll post the result after I can do more iteration on IOMT.

BRs

Simpson

0 Kudos