Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14553 Discussions

Pentium 4415U / Windows 11

Kind1
Beginner
Hello! I downloaded the program to check that my laptop was compatible with Windows 11. I was happy to find out that all of the items were supported, but I was immediately frustrated to find out that all of the items were supported except for one: the processor. Why is the Intel Pentium 4415U Gold not supported in Windows 11? After all, it's a great processor! I even manage to play games. Plus, Windows 10 support will end soon. Why not extend the life of a lot of devices? The processor passes the system requirements (At least two cores clocked at least 1 gigahertz (GHz) on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on Chip (SoC)) Thanks for the reply!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor is not supported by Windows 11, because Microsoft says so:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors

Take your complaint to them.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Minionguyjpro
Beginner

You can install Windows 11 unofficially on your device:

The easy way to install Windows 11 on unsupported CPUs - The Verge

I installed Windows 11 on my Lenovo Ideapad 320, with an Intel Pentium Gold 4415U, like yours. I also had everything being met, except for the CPU. Installed Windows 11, and it works as good as Windows 10 does! Microsoft says support for updates isn't there, but everyone including me still receives all updates.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, when Microsoft stops the updates, or you have other problems, will you be crowing as loudly?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Minionguyjpro
Beginner
Microsoft says that updates are not guaranteed, I don't know a date. I am still getting security and other updates. I did not find any problem yet, it runs as good as my Dell laptop officially running Windows 11.
0 Kudos
Minionguyjpro
Beginner

I am currently installing Windows 11 23H2 on my Dell laptop. Later I will install the 23H2 update on my Lenovo IdeaPad 320 laptop with the Intel Pentium Gold 4415U too.

0 Kudos