Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14575 Discussions

Probleme software XTU with i7-13700K and W680.

Dorian
Beginner

Good morning,

I have a problem with the XTU software, I have an Intel Core i7-13700K processor and a W680 chipset. In the software, the boxes are greyed out, there are flashes, and I can't change the frequency of each core. Is the W680 chipset compatible with XTU software? Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Dorian,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see that you are having issues with your Intel® XTU, I understand how important is that for you, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Dorian,

Were you able to run the Intel® SSU report?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Dorian
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I had just installed Windows 11 so it's brand new.
I disabled E-cores and hyper-threading. I don't use this.
The BIOS version is up to date.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Dorian,

Thank you for your response, all the information provided has been really helpful.

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

1. Check with your manufacturer or motherboard vendor if you are using a chipset that supports overclocking such as Z or X. If the chipset is not Z or X, then overclocking features may be grayed out, as some other chipsets can support different levels of overclocking.
  2. I see your BIOS is up to date, in this case, contact your motherboard BIOS vendor for support in case it is required to adjust BIOS settings to allow Intel® XTU to properly access the BIOS overclocking capabilities.
  3. Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU).
  4. Download and install the latest version of Intel® XTU available on the Download Center.
  5. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, try to reinstall the operating system.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Dorian   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Dorian      

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos