Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14573 Discussions

Shutdown and Restarts

Dennistesso
Beginner
My computer shut down while playing and restarted.
This now also happens in idle
Graphics card and power supply have already been checked.
Is it possible that the CPU or the mainboard is broken?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Dennistesso.

Thank you for reaching out to our Community with your concerns about your computer's unexpected shutdowns and restarts. It's indeed possible that the CPU or motherboard could be contributing to the problem, particularly since you've already checked the graphics card and power supply. To help pinpoint the exact cause, I have a few questions:

1. Could you please tell me which motherboard model you are using?
  2. To delve deeper into the issue, it would be helpful to verify specifics such as your processor model, motherboard version, graphics card model, driver versions, and any system error logs. The Intel SSU tool is quite useful for collecting this information, which could be crucial in identifying the root cause.
  3. Have there been any signs of overheating? Overheating could explain why the system shuts down during gameplay and restarts.
  4. Have you had a chance to update your BIOS? An outdated BIOS can sometimes lead to compatibility issues, so ensuring it's up-to-date is important.

Your answers will greatly assist us in troubleshooting the issue further. I look forward to your reply, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dennistesso
Beginner
Mainboard -AS Rock 590 Z Pro.
Bios was the Current Version.
CPU - Intel I 9 11900 K Pro

CPU temp. 60-70
GPU Temp 60-70

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Dennistesso.

Thank you for getting back here.

If your system is experiencing random shutdowns and restarts while idle, consider ruling out any hardware-related issues. Begin by testing the power supply, a single DRAM module (according to motherboard configurations), and connecting to a monitor. Additionally, try loading the default BIOS settings in your system.

Furthermore, I'd like to provide you with these links/articles that could assist in resolving the issue:

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos