Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14558 Discussions

Why doesn't my system start up?

JGiro5
Beginner

Hello I was wondering if you could help me installing my xeon e5 2603 v4 on an Asrock x99 taichi Motherboard. 

Do I need to have ECC memory installed in order for the system to work? 

I have updated the motherboard's BIOS even due the manufacture set it wasn't necessary in order to get compatibility with Broadwell processor. 

The board works just fine with an Intel i7 5820K and when I installed the Xeon didn't start, it didn't give any sings of being alive. 

Could you help me please?

Looking forward for you response. 

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel

Hello JGiro5,

As part of Intel’s global export compliance program, we perform a review of our customers and business partners to ensure that Intel can remain in compliance with applicable law.

During our review, we found information indicating that you are on a country or region where Intel does not support business activities (a.k.a. embargoed countries/regions) or maybe on a list of sanctioned or prohibited parties.

As a result, we are unable to move forward with this business engagement or request.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
JGiro5
Beginner
Sorry to hear that, but I understand. Thanks for your help. El lun., 22 de junio de 2020 3:30 a. m., Intel Forums < supportreplies@intel.com> escribió:
0 Kudos