Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14574 Discussions

i9-10980XE - RAM quad channel problems

Swan
Beginner
Hello! In 2020 i bought an i9 10980XE with Asus x299 edition 30 and 8 modules of DDR4 Patriot Viper on the board. Everything works smoothly before April 2023. One of the Viper modules somehow gone and now only 6 left. Ok no problem i wrote to Taiwan and they sent me another pair. But i could start them in quad channel only for 5 minutes then BSOD, or if system in BIOS it completely frozen and other malfunctions like constant reboot etc. But the modules itself was completely new and clear and i'v tested just them with mem test and everything was ok. After this test in BIOS only 6 modules of 8 shows up. I'v tried to switch them between slots - no result. So i sent those modules back to Taiwan. Today another pair of brand new come to me and guess what? Again only 6 of 8 shows in BIOS I'v also tried to switch them between slots - and again no result. I'm empty of my guesses what it could be. Help me please.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Contact ASUS about THEIR BIOS.  And ask them for help updating THEIR BIOS.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Swan
Beginner
Does the quad channel memory function support rely on BIOS updates? I thought it's CPU functionality.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

ASUS creates and owns the bios for their boards.  Ask them about their bios.

0 Kudos
Swan
Beginner

So I'm at the latest BIOS drivers it's not helping much. What's next?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Contact asus.

0 Kudos