Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14574 Discussions

i9-9980HK and Intel XTU

PHVM
Beginner
Why are various tuning options not available on XTU for i9-9980HK?

There is no TVB adjustment by temperature/ratio offset, voltage offset/ratio, voltage offset/VF point, VF curve...

Furthermore, the core's voltage offset is linked to the cache's voltage offset, meaning they are always the same...

I tried several versions of XTU, including the latest 7.14.1.12.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
PHVM
Beginner
To be clearer, I would like to know if it is something universal for the i9-9980HK, the XTU does not make these functions available for this CPU or these functions are not available to me due to some possible blockage in my laptop's BIOS.
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello PHVM, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I want to check this for you by being familiar with your configuration. Would you be able to share your SSU logs? You may download it at this link:https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. Additionally, can you please provide a screenshot of the view that you are seeing on the app? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
PHVM
Beginner
0 Kudos
PHVM
Beginner
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello PHVM, 

Thank you for sharing this details. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. For now, it would be best to try some troubleshooting first. Upon checking the logs, I noticed that your BIOS can be updated according to your Dell recommendations. Kindly please follow these steps:

• Update BIOS to version 1.31.0

After doing so, kindly please try a reinstallation of the Intel XTU by following the steps in this article: How to Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

Let me know if this works. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
PHVM
Beginner

No, that doesn't solve anything.

The question is simple, does the i9-9980HK have access to the XTU features mentioned in the first post?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello PHVM, 

I am just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken to solve this issue. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello PHVM, 

I'm sorry to hear that it is still greyed out. I can confirm that this CPU supports Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility, however since you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer, it might require specific BIOS Setting to allow Intel® XTU to properly access overclocking capabilities. As such, I highly recommend reaching out to Dell about this settings as it involves the BIOS of their system.

You may also visit this article as reference: Advanced Tuning Settings Are Grayed Out on Intel® XTU with Intel® Core™ Processors K- and X-Series 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos