Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4785 Discussions

Server is overloaded

LViac
Beginner

Problem with Intel Server (Canoe Pass) S2600CP4 board.A record appears in the logs: "Warning event: Temperature sensor 87 reports the sensor is in a high, but non-critical, and going higher state. Sensor reading: Unspecified. Threshold value: Unspecified." After this event, the server reboots after a few hours. What to do? what to replace?

0 Kudos
36 Replies
LViac
Beginner

I will do in 2 hours

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Lomovtsev, Great. Let us know how it goes. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LViac
Beginner

I pulled the power out of PS 1. The server rang with a fan from PS 2, then everything returned to normal. Turned on the power back to PS 1. The server did not restart.

But I will overload it manually, since 3 hours have passed. I fear that it will reboot itself and RAID will be checked for a long time.

0 Kudos
LViac
Beginner

bios log when power off PS 1

0 Kudos
LViac
Beginner

server restart was done manually

0 Kudos
LViac
Beginner

at start the server makes sounds: 3 short pauses 2 short.

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Lomovtsev, How about the restart on it's own issue? Did it happen again? Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LViac
Beginner

Yes, it happens now every 5-6 hours. And not a reboot, but a hang on the picture that I sent earlier

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Lomovtsev, Are you referring to KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (storport.sys)? That seems to be an OS related issue. I would recommend you to also look for further information in regards to that error with your OS vendor. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LViac
Beginner

Good day! I removed all application software from the server. A day has passed - the server is running, not overloaded, there are no errors in the BIOS. Waiting for more, suddenly there will be errors. I plan to completely reinstall the OS.

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Lomovtsev, Let us know how it goes once you perform OS reinstall. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LViac
Beginner

Good day! While testing as is - after removing one hard drive, the server began to work stably and without errors. Today I will try to install an additional two hard drives. The results will be reported.

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Lomovtsev, Thank you for the update. We will be waiting for further information on how the troubleshooting is going., Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Lomovtsev, What is the current status of the issue you were experiencing with your server? Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LViac
Beginner

Good day! From 12/30/2018 there are no problems with the server. No reloads, no freezes.

I think that helped update the BIOS.

Well, reinstalling the OS

thank you for help!

0 Kudos
Franklin_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Lomovtsev, Great to hear that the problem got resolved. Regards, Franklin S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos