Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iOS Build provisioning copy error

Todd_S_4
Beginner

Hello all,

The source code of for my app is kept in a dropbox folder so I can access it easily from multiple computers. The XDK runs and emulates my app just fine, and can build apps for Crosswalk. However, when I try to build the app for iOS, the build fails with the following error:

Error: Could not copy the provisioning profile [name of the file]

I've tried changing the permissions of the file, but that had no effect. To get around this, I've been copying my app to whichever local machine I'm working on at the time, and building the app from there, but that is not very efficient. Does anybody have an idea on how to make this work, or if it's even possible?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

I checked with my dropbox and it builds fine for me. Most likely the authentication to drop box might be failing for you when trying to copy the Provisioning profile. Please check that you are logged in correctly to drop box and when you installed the dropbox you specified your keychain password.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I've had issues with provisioning files that appear as soft links in the filesystem (for example, if you have a provisioning file stored on a network share and you have a soft link pointing to that provisioning file) not working properly, the seem to get turned into empty files when they are sent to the build system. This might be the source of your problem. Which OS are you using? Swati was probably using either Mac or Windows, not sure which. I've experienced this problem with OS X (Mac).

0 Kudos
Todd_S_4
Beginner

I am on a Mac. When I specify the location of the provisioning file, it lists a long string like /Users/tstark/dropbox/blah/blah/blah/provisioningfile, even though it's located in the root of the project, so maybe it's looking in the wrong place for the file? Is there a way I can manually correct this?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It needs to be located in the source directory of your project, not the root directory. Normally, the source directory is named "www" -- the precise name is determined by the "Source Directory:" field in the "Project Info" section of the Projects tab (the topmost section).

0 Kudos
Todd_S_4
Beginner

That is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. It's in the root of the www folder.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You might want to consider using your dropbox as a git repo, rather than a direct copy of your app. Then make the dropbox the git master repo and do updates to that dropbox via git. Just an (insane) idea that might not work...

0 Kudos
Todd_S_4
Beginner

At that point, there isn't much difference between dropbox and github. The reason I am using a direct copy instead of git is because I don't want to have to pull stuff down or push it up all the time. The dropbox app does all that work for me.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Also, double check that the provisioning profile is actually on the computer (in the dropbox folder). 

And check that in your project settings the provisioning profile is selected.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

When I specify the location of the provisioning file, it lists a long string like /Users/tstark/dropbox/blah/blah/blah/provisioningfile, 

@Todd, where do you see that string? Is it on the Build settings page when you select the provisioning profile filename through the file picker?

0 Kudos
Todd_S_4
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

@Todd, where do you see that string? Is it on the Build settings page when you select the provisioning profile filename through the file picker?

@Swati

Yes.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@Todd, That means a wrong path is being pulled by the file picker. Can you send a screenshot of your file tree of provisioning profile file and the Project page where the wrong file name is showing? Also, send your Project.xdk file. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Todd_S_4
Beginner

@Swati,

Where would you like me to send it?

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Todd, you can send a private message by clicking on "Send Author a Message" link.

0 Kudos
Todd_S_4
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

Todd, you can send a private message by clicking on "Send Author a Message" link.

sent.

0 Kudos
Romain_C_1
Beginner

@Todd S @SWATI S. I have exactly the same problem. Even launch Icons are not found when i put them in the source directory.

Someone finally know the solution ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Romain_C_1
Beginner

Ok I found the solution... the path was just too long. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Romain -- I'm curious, how long was your path that was too long?

0 Kudos