Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7456 Discussions

Intel 8265AC wifi card

Heffalump
Novice

I`m looking to replace this card with a better one, is there a more powerful up to date version which will fit the same slot.

Also does anyone know if that pin formation has a particular name or designation.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Heffalump.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

When you mention "looking to replace this Wi-Fi card," are you indicating the intention to purchase a new physical card or update its driver version?

Regarding the pin formation, you can find detailed product information by visiting the link provided for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, specifically under Supplemental Information > Product Brief: View now, and you can see the full product information associated with it.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Heffalump
Novice

I`m looking to replace the actual card. I have the Intel driver updater so that keeps the software up to date.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Heffalump.

Thank you for the update.

I'd like to delve deeper and verify specifics like the precise driver versions, wireless card slots, and any system details. Utilizing the Intel SSU tool will enable us to collect detailed information about your system setup, which could aid in identifying the underlying cause of this issue also, could you please provide your system's wireless card slot?

Furthermore, sharing this article, Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade. Some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapters to be certified with the antenna that is intended to be used together in the system, while some countries require the Intel® Wireless Adapter to be certified at the full system level.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos