Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7456 Discussions

Is AC-8260 wireless card compatible with 802.11r features.

OOliv1
Novice

I have some roaming issues with my laptops (windows 10 laptops with Intel AC-8260 - driver 18.0.40.9). I will connect them using 802.11r features. Is it possible? Wireless infrastructure is Cisco Wireless Lan Controllers. Thanks

23 Replies
AShuk5
Beginner

Team,

I confirmed that 11r (FT-802.1x is working), Thx for Quick fix,

I am seeing some issue but still in investagation phase (FT-802.1x + 11w). I have to thorougly check if Cisco WLC has the problem or Intel chip, before rasing concern.

But in the mean time, could u also check at yr end and let me know if 19.2.0 driver is good to test this (FT-dot1x + 11w)

0 Kudos
AShuk5
Beginner

Team,

I understand the thread is 11r thread and asking anything else apart from 11r is not correct, before asking i request for apology.

With all latest Lenova laptop it is coming with intel 7265 (this is the laptop we have in the test system).

We plan to test roaming and we have JFW (to attenuate the RF network) but our pick tail connector is not fitting with the current intel chipset.

what type of connecotor should we be using ?

Is there any way or anything in market that i can use as intel chip externally connected to usb ? this will help not to open any laptop and becomes externally pluggable?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Asies,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 supports 802.1x and 802.11w as noted in the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-7265-brief.pdf Product Brief.

In regards to your other inquiry, Intel® Wireless Adapters are not available as external adapters, they are meant to be installed from factory, or as upgrades, if supported by the Computer Manufacturer. We advise to check with the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support which antenna options are supported by a specific device.

Additionally, if you are designing and developing with Intel® Wireless Adapters, we advise you to check with your peers and engage support through your dedicated contacts.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos