Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Test programme for microC/OS II on NIOS II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using microC/OS II with Nios II ISS to analyse the execution trace of this OS running on NIOS II. Right now I'm using the default hello world and successfully generate the trace file. My question is, does anyone know a good programme (or testbench) (FFT for example) for microC/OS that I can try?  

Thanks, 

Kind Regards, 

Fairuz
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Why not write some test programs - say do to factorials. You could perhaps play around with a couple of different math functions that use a common I/O display function to write data say to your JTAG UART. 

Try using a semaphore to enable both tasks to share the single I/O without getting a garbled output in the console debug window. 

I recommend taking a look at this book if you want to get serious with using MicroC/OS-II: 

http://www.amazon.com/microc-os-ii-real-time-jean-labrosse/dp/0879305436
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks for the answer. Actually I already have the book and it really is recommended for someone who want to learn MicroC/OS-II. I will try to make programs like you suggested. I just thought that there are programs/testbench such as Mibench for MicroC/OS-II. 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you should write some test programs first

0 Kudos