oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1296 Discussions

Offline installation of oneAPI Basekit fails.

Mysticial
Beginner

Version Information:

• OneAPI Basekit 2024.0
  • Visual Studio 17.7.1 and 17.8.0
  • Windows 10 22H2 (19045.3693)

The problem repros on both 17.7.1 and 17.8.0. I know that 17.8.0 is not officially supported, but I figured I'd mention it anyway. I have not tested with other versions.

Repro Steps:

1. Install Visual Studio 17.7.1 or 17.8.0.
  2. Disconnect from the internet.
  3. Install oneAPI Basekit using the offline installer.

The installation will fail at the end where it fails to integrate with Visual Studio. The log file shows:

11/21/2023 07:18:11:468 : 6776 : WARNING : Product configuration is not finished successfully. Integration in IDE(s) might be in incomplete state or custom post-install/remove actions might fail.
Details: Attempt 1 of 2 failed. Execution of C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\ServiceHub\Services\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Service\VSIXInstaller.exe failed with exit code -2146233088, output:
One or more errors occurred.

Process crashed
Attempt 2 of 2 failed. Execution of C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\ServiceHub\Services\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Service\VSIXInstaller.exe failed with exit code -2146233088, output:
One or more errors occurred.

Process crashed
Error: Sequence execution failed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RahulC_Intel

Hi Alexander, please note that the Visual Studio 17.7.1 and 17.8.0 has not been tested and validated from our engineering team on Intel® oneAPI latest version: 2024.0. It may or may not work correctly.

Kindly follow the below troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Mysticial
Beginner

@RahulC_Intel wrote:

Hi Alexander, please note that the Visual Studio 17.7.1 and 17.8.0 has not been tested and validated from our engineering team on Intel® oneAPI latest version: 2024.0. It may or may not work correctly.

Visual Studio 17.7.1 has not been tested and validated? The chart says:

Validated Microsoft Visual Studio* Versions

Upto VS 2022 17.7.5

VS 2019 16.11.31

"Upto VS 2022 17.7.5" includes 17.7.1.

Secondly, I cannot install 17.7.5 because Microsoft does not allow you to create an offline installer for an older version. I can only install versions that are the latest or for versions that I have previously created an offline installer for.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Alexander, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

0 Kudos
Mysticial
Beginner

It looks like this is the same issue as this: https://community.intel.com/t5/oneAPI-Registration-Download/why-full-offline-installation-need-internet/m-p/1530854#M6144

The answer being that it is a bug in Visual Studio 17.7.x and later.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Alexander, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Alexander, we would like to inform you that there is a known issue integrating Intel software developer tools Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, Intel® HPC Toolkit, or their component products) into Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 (17.7 or higher) on offline systems with the Windows Performance Toolkit (Win11SDK_WindowsPerformanceToolkit) installed.

This results in an incomplete integration. To work around the issue, either enable an Internet connection during Intel developer tools installation or uninstall the Windows Performance Toolkit before installing Intel developer tools, after Intel developer tools are installed, reinstall the Windows Performance Toolkit.

0 Kudos
Ronaldo1
Beginner

The offline installation of oneAPI Basekit encounters issues, preventing successful setup. The process fails to complete, raising concerns about the installation's reliability and effectiveness. A thorough review and troubleshooting of the offline installation steps are recommended to identify and address potential errors or compatibility issues.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Alexander, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further query, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos