oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1296 Discussions

installation fails, parallel studio xe 2019 professional edition for fortran (VS2017)

IST
Beginner

Hello,

in the past we bought the intel fortran compiler for windows and linux to speed up our software. Although it's an older version, we still need it for compatibility reasons and, afaik, it should still work? But now we are not able to get the windows version running on a new windows 10 system with Visual Studio 2017 professional installed, which is listed in the Intel compatibility table.

Up to now I've spent more than 2 complete working days in this simple task. Without success. I followed  all the advices in the community forum including the one from Steve Lionel (the very best support employee ever!). His last advice, if nothing helps, was to contact the support .. and here I am.

Attached you'll find the installation log of the last try. It just aborts without any suspicious errors or warnings.

Are there any ideas how to get Intel fortran 19 running with Visual Studio 2017?

Kind regards,
Dr. Richard Schönen

(richard.schoenen@ist-aachen.com)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RahulC_Intel

Hi Alexander, could you please share the below details for further investigation: 

• Is the installer an online or an offline package?  
  • Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version  
  • Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system   
  • Installation Log files.   
    • The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username> 

0 Kudos
IST
Beginner

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for the fast reply. I'm Richard and now assigned as administrator for our Intel products.

To answer your questions:

• Is the installer an online or an offline package? 

It was the offline package, but I've tried the online version too.

• Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version  

Here the info out of visual studio 2017:

=============

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017
Version 15.9.56
VisualStudio.15.Release/15.9.56+33926.519
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.04084

Installierte Version: Professional

Visual C++ 2017 00370-20007-34936-AA690
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017

=============

• Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

No   

• Installation Log files.   
    • The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username> 

Please find attached a new log file from another try:
C:\Users\richard\AppData\Local\Temp\pset_tmp_PSXE2019_richard\2023.09.06_13.12.41_00000c44\log

Best regards and thanks for the efforts ..

Richard

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Alexander, we would like to inform you that Intel® has decided that Intel® oneAPI Toolkits Versions: 2023.1.0 and earlier are not supported anymore. We urge users to upgrade to the latest version of Intel® developer tools.

The unsupported versions do not include the latest functional and security updates. These versions are targeted to be removed after a period. For more information refer to the link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/oneapi-supported-product-versions.htm, and scroll down to the Unsupported Product Versions. 

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Alexander, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further query, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos