Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Nios II CPU Simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to develop a Nios II CPU ModelSim simulation environment on the PC (the UNIX stuff works great), but I have run into a problem. I've used the Altera app note AN351 as a guideline for my sims, and have developed many sims to test various aspects of the Nios II interface within the FPGA. 

I want to run the sims I've created within individual directories using a batch file to start everything off. I can compile all source code fine, and even get the sim to run. But the problem is with the generated batch scripts that are used to open up Command Prompt windows for interactive simulations. If I run ModelSim from my batch script in a new directory, ModelSim gives the following error message: 

# invalid command name "./jtag_uart_log.bat" 

However, if I start this sim from within the SOPC Builder tool, I don't have any issues. If anyone knows the correct command to use in the generated Command Prompt batch scripts, please let me know. This is one of the ways I use to determine if the sim is working correctly. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
0 Replies