Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Date Generic

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've defined a generic for my top level vhdl file which I can set in Quartus using the default parameter settings but is there a way I can make the tool automatically insert the current date in some format into the design as a top level generic?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think SOPC builder has a component like this, but there's not an automatic function. (A problem, of course, is everyone wants something different. Different ways to format, some what rev numbers, build numbers, etc. Plus different issues of storing it in registers, in RAMs, etc.) Anyway, in the following link I have attached a project that does this type of thing. As noted, it's also wrapped in a Virtual JTAG interface, so someone with a JTAG connection(and Quartus) can just open a DOS prompt and ping the device to get this information.  

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1925&highlight=timestamp
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for that, I didn't think there was an automatic function but it's always worth checking.

0 Kudos