Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Problem with getting IRQ from FIFO (MegaWizard)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, i made a FIFO from the MegaWizard and imported some pins inside SOPC Builder. 

Basically i have rdreq and Q signals inside of my SOPC Builder and all others signals outside. 

I have instanciated my SOPC systme like this  

//fifo .clock_to_the_novoFifo_0 (CLOCK_50), .data_to_the_novoFifo_0 (data_in), // .empty_from_the_novoFifo_0 (empty_from_the_my_fifo), .full_from_the_novoFifo_0 (wrfull), .almost_full_from_the_novoFifo_0 (wralmostfull), .in_port_to_the_pio_0 (pio), .wrreq_to_the_novoFifo_0 (wrwrreq) ); 

I am trying to get the almost_full and full_signals but they are always 1, why? 

I am writting in my fifo like this: 

if(full==0) begin wrreq <= 1; FIFO_DATA <= FIFO_DATA+1; if(almostfull) pio<=1; end if(full==1) begin wrreq <= 0; end 

but almostfull and full signals are always 1, really weird. 

Both my SOPC Fifo and my Always block that writes inside it have the same clock (50 mhz).
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sounds like a bug.. What version of Quartus are you using..? and What device are you targeting.. I have seen some issues in the past with fifos, especially with ES version of devices.. But this was usually the function worked in simulation, but not in the device, until Altera provided a work-around or came out with the production version of the device 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My quartus webpack version is 10.0 sp1, i am targeting a DE2.

0 Kudos