Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

SD Card controller and software

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So before the NIOS forum suffered it's catastrophic failure, somebody had posted a magnificent SD card controller and the accompanying software to run a filesystem on it. Does anybody know if we can still get our hands on that somewhere? 

Jake
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Jake, did you get this SD IP ? 

I remember that it was complete ZIP file i had downloaded but no copy here at work. 

Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No I haven't found it yet. I'd really like to get my hands on it if I can. If anybody has got a copy or knows how to contact the designer I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks, 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just found a zip file with an sdcard ip sopc ready with tcl and qip. it has verilog and c sources. 

the author was "kwlack" (?!?) a member of this forum, not realy shure how it was written. 

but i thought there was a more comfortable one posted here, but my raid has gone offwork and i have no access until replacement drive arrives to search for the other zip file. 

if required i can send this zip if i knew how to upload it here ...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I can't find kwlack in the forum directory. He must have been wiped out with the server crash (same time I became a newbie again :) ). If you could post it or email it to me that would be great. Do you see an email address or anything in the code? 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Jake, i do not see how to post the zip here only links and images, but i can send you this file by PM

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There's a full quartus/nios SD Card project on the CD for the new DE0 board by Terasic (in Verilog & C). I've just been playing with it, and it all works ok, except for writing to the card, which I'm figuring out now.  

The CD is supposedly downloadable from their website, but the link appears to be broken. I can email files if anyone needs them - PM me. 

Steve.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And it doesn't appear to have a write function, so isn't that useful after all...

0 Kudos