Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

demo board config

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This has got to be a pretty silly error on my part, but I haven't been able to find it and I am hoping that someone more experienced can straighten me out. I have the Nios II 1.1 kit from Altera, and the nios2ecos.exe for Nios II 1.1 that was announced on January 27. 

I start the config tool as indicated in the documentation, specifying the standard build for 1c20 ptf file and --cpu=cpu. 

The configuration items for the LAN91CXXX and the AM29XXXX are greyed out. This seems like a bad thing, but perhaps it indicates that the option selections cannot be changed (???). 

I went on to include the Networking package. As I did so, the tool noted 3 conflicts and made suggestions for them. I accepted all of these. 

Again, I found a lot of options greyed, including those for selecting the IP address (!!!) 

I then went on to build the library, and I got a conflict with no suggestion for resolution. That conflict noted that CYGPKG_NET was unsatisfied and required CYGPKG_NET_STACK == 1. I've no clue how to fix this. 

So I guess this leaves me with two questions: What's with all the greyed options? and How do I resolve this final conflict? 

Or perhaps it's only one question: Where did I go wrong?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The options will be greyed out if you don't have the appropriate hardware in you system. The rest of the problmes follow on from that. You should check that you're launching nios2configtool --ptf=TheCorrectPTF is my guess

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry that I wasn't clear in the original note. The ptf file came from the examples in the Nios II 1.1 kit. The particular example was for the Cyclone 1c20 eval board, which I have here. It has the LAN91C111 chip, and I can see the LAN91C111 module in the ptf file.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Jim, 

The greyed options show drivers which are not in use, sorry I misled you yesterday. 

This is finger trouble I think. 

On my machine I have just built a networking library, here are the steps I followed 

[SOPC Builder]$ nios2configtool --ptf=/cygdrive/d/altera/kits/nios2/examples/ve 

rilog/niosII_cyclone_1c20/full_featured/full_1c20.ptf --cpu=cpu 

From within config tool select Build Templates then Packages Net 

File Save As Jim.ecc 

Build Library  

Admittedly I'm running a pre-release of our next version of the kit and not 1.1, but if this doesn't work for you I'll go back and re-install that. 

Sadly I will be travelling next week, so response time may be a little slow.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, that got me off the ground. I was in the wrong menu item under Build. I had been trying to use Networking from Packages rather than Net from Templates.

0 Kudos