Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Video drivers

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everybody,  

I'm trying to connect a camera device on an altera cyclone development kit. When I search the driver using the word "video" on the kernel configuration, the result looks as follow: 

„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ 

„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ 

„¡„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ Search Results „Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„Ÿ„¢ 

„  sony vaio picturebook motion eye video for linux (experimental) (VIDEO_ „  

„  Location: „  

„  -> Device Drivers „  

„  -> Multimedia devices „  

„  -> Video For Linux (VIDEO_DEV) „  

„  -> Video For Linux „  

„  Depends: „  

„  VIDEO_DEV && SONYPI && !HIGHMEM64G „  

„  Selects: „  

„  None „  

„  Selected by: „  

„  None „  

„  „  

„  „  

„  linux media labs lml33 support (video_zoran_lml33) „  

„  Location: „  

„  -> Device Drivers „  

This list of drivers is of course incomplete... 

My problem is that I cannot get access to the option "video for linux". Is that normal ? Are these drivers already installed in the kernel. In this case how can I manage to activate these options?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

all the drivers are there, and the kernel source tree is a full fledged one. One thing sould be pointed out is, many of the drivers are specific to certain architectures, platforms, or types of buses. You can check and modify the file drivers/media/video/Kconfig to make the driver you want appear in the kernel configuration. In most cases you need to customize the driver.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everybody, I'm really interested in that question because i have the same problem, I tried to have a look in the kconfig directory as wentao suggested. 

(location : nios2linux/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_0.1.5/linux- 

2.6.x/scripts/kconfig 

small problem: I&#39;m not that strong in C programing and the programs are not explained ( because of the memory I think) http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif , I wonder if someone could tell me witch program I can change, what do I have to modify if I want a driver for my camera? 

Has anybody else experienced these problems? 

Any suggestion will be really appreciated...
0 Kudos