1. After collecting a new general exploration result, go to the bottom-up tab.
2. Note the bottom filter is pre-configured to display results for all modules.
3. Choose a specific module.
4. The filter pane shows a "loading" progress spinner for a bit, then stops. However, the function pane shows a "loading" spinner which does not stop.
5. The function pane of the bottom-up tab is now unresponsive. Have to kill vtune and restart it.
If it helps, the results has data for a dynamically generated code pseudo-module.
Hi Andres, can you please provide more information about your VTune version, OS, or VS version (if on Windows*)? Does the result can be finalized correctly, and the hang-up occurs only when filtering the module? Thanks.
VTune version is VTune 2017 Update 4, the OS is Windows Server 2012 R2 64 bits, the profiled target is IA-32, and VS version is Visual C 6 from 1998 (not for much longer). The result finalizes correctly. The experience I have is that when the bottom-up pane comes up, it displays all functions in a few seconds. Filtering on the bottom by module results in a hang.
Now, as an experiment, I let the "hang" continue unchecked while I did other things. Eventually, after a while, it finished "loading". However, this required several CPU minutes. I'd like it to be me who's doing something wrong so I can fix it, I just don't see what I could be doing that would justifiably turn "seconds" into "minutes" when the results displayed are smaller.
By the way, I did open a ticket on this and so far the responses have been nice and timely.