Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Call graph won't show function

lionel-vtune
Beginner
I'm trying to run the call graph analysis on a win32 console app, but the function in my app that should be taking almost all of the executable's time is nowhere to be seen in the call graph analysis. I'm linking with "/fixed:no" and I can see other functions in Main() that get called, but not the one I'm interested in. I've tried turning off inlining but it doesn't help. What's going on? I'm getting very frustrated with this. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Lionel:

Please see http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/vtune/v71/sb/cs-006107-prd1391.htmfor information about troubleshooting call graph problems. In particular (item C), try loading the module (i.e., EXE or DLL of interest) into the Static Module Viewer (see File menu). Do you see the function in the list with the "Functions with source information" check box checked? If not, then the debug information is not identifying the function and, therefore, the call graph cannot instrument it.

If you still have problems, please submit an issue at Intel Premier Support and we will assist you.

0 Kudos