Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Call stacks: "Result directory does not contain data applicable to this report."

David_F_6
Beginner

I'm using the command line interface of Amplifier XE of Parallel Studio XE 2013 under Windows 7 x86_64 with a Xeon W3530 CPU. The problem is I cannot get reports with call stacks when hardware events are used.

amplxe-cl -version Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 Update 4 (build 270817) Command Line Tool Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

When I try to do the following, it complains of missing data and I get no report:

amplxe-cl -collect-with runsa -knob enable-stack-collection=true -knob event-config=CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.THREAD_P:sa=1000000 -inline-mode=on -result-dir=val1_data -- val1.exe [... warnings about unresolved symbols in system dlls ...] amplxe-cl -report top-down -inline-mode=on -result-dir=val1_data -report-output=val1.txt Result directory does not contain data applicable to this report. amplxe: Error: Error 0x40000024 (Reporter error)

At this point I can do the hw-events report type for a flat profile and there are plenty of samples in there but callstacks, hotspots, gprof-cc, or top-down reports all fail.

If I collect data the following way instead, val1.exe crashes on exit (stopped responding, click here to close) but the call stack reports then work as expected:

amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -knob sampling-interval=1 -inline-mode=on -result-dir=val1_data -- val1.exe

Thanks for any suggestions on how to get the call stack reports working with hardware events.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
rohith_b_
Beginner

Thank you, Peter and Dmitry.

0 Kudos