Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

ERROR: no memory (26)

mtortolanoibahn_com
I'd dearly like to be able to test your VTune Linux product as I am considering purchasing it for use by our software development team. However when I try to run the sampler I get the following error:
ERROR: myhost (Run 0) No memory (26)
What does this error mean, it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.
Our teams development systems are based on Ubuntu 10.04, using kernel 2.6.32-24-generic.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Hi,

Would you please test latest product VTune Performance Analyzer v9.1 Update 8 on supported operation systems? For example -
Ubuntu* 8.xx and 9.xx

Other thing is that you have to check supported processors as well in release notes.

Thanks, peter
0 Kudos
Udotech
Beginner
The solution is simple. I had this experience before I figured it out. Under the "configure sample" window. Yoy see sample buffer size, scale it down b/w 1500 and 700. I mean reduce the 2000Kbyte which is the default.
Goodluck
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Linux* kernel version 2.6.32-xx are not tested for latest product v9.1 Update 8. So the user takes risk to work on such operation systems.

If the problem was due to Sample Buffer size - I feel surprise, that default size is only 2MB. My suggestion is to enlarge Sample After Value (SAV) to reduce samples if necessary.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos