1) I just downloaded and installed the free 30 day evaluation and i get a license issue when i finish analysing an application in the stand alone gui. Is there a licence for the free version?
License check failed
14/04/2015 18:21:44 Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 cannot find valid license. Data cannot be displayed.
Error 0x4000001f (No valid license) -- License file is not found. Make sure that your license file is in the correct location and readable.
Tip: Consider setting the license file location with the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.
2) I also cant seem to get the plugin for vc2013 c++ express to work. Even though i have followed the instructions here <install dir>documentation/en/welcomepage/get_started.html
I just emailed it to you using the same mechanism. I received a copy of the email, as well. Please ensure that your email server is not filtering the email out because of the attachment or otherwise.
Also, note, if you uninstall and re-install using the serial number, instead of the "Eval for 30 days" options, it will also enable the product.
Thanks i got the license file.
Can I still use VTune even though i am using Express? It seems to run fine ( stand alone ) but it was just the license issue that stopped me seeing the results. I will try anyway but i am just asking in-case you know of a known issue.
I guess I was mistaken. The Release Notes state:
- Supported Microsoft Visual Studio versions:
- Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2010 and SP1
- Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2012
- Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2013 RC
- NOTE: Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010* is deprecated - In a future major release of the Intel VTune Amplifier XE, support for use with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010* will be removed. Intel recommends that customers migrate to Microsoft Visual Studio 2012* at their earliest convenience.
I have the same issue: I downloaded the vtune amplifier evaluation OS X client and trying to visualise the results collected on our linux cluster. I have 30 days evaluation for OS X client (see screenshot) and I see the license checkout error. Could you please have a look?
Another question: For the OS X client, can I use the vtune license installed on our linux cluster? Or is there a separate license required?
Yes. Please post your request to the Download, Licensing and Registration forum. We are going to handle all these issues in that forum, from now on.
Sorry, to answer your second question, yes, you should be able to use the same license, assuming it is a newer one that added the OSX* support. Without seeing it, I can't guarantee it will work. Certainly, there is no harm in trying it. ;)