Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
38 Views

Help, VTune 2015 profile collection failed in x86 android

Help,

       I used Vtune2015 to profile an android project. It failed just after I attached project process ID. I attached the screen print. Has anyone known this?.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
38 Views

I don't know detail on Android, I had an old example of using VTune to profile Java process from Apache-tomcat but it was not in embedded environment. 

Please post your questions about using tools in embedded system to this forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
38 Views

What type of analysis and what device were you attempting to profile?

I've occasionally gotten some failures from a flaky USB connection or other irregular reason where simply trying again works great.  From the text of your included error message however it looks like you've got a corrupted system build image, or are running on non-Intel device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
38 Views

Bill B. (Intel) wrote:

What type of analysis and what device were you attempting to profile?

I've occasionally gotten some failures from a flaky USB connection or other irregular reason where simply trying again works great.  From the text of your included error message however it looks like you've got a corrupted system build image, or are running on non-Intel device.

Thx for yout reply. Type is basic hotspot analysis. The profile is run on Dell Venue 8 7840 and the version of android is 4.4.4.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
38 Views

Looks like known android issue with run-as.

Could you check output from 'adb shell run-as com.intel.vtune id; pm path com.intel.vtune'?
if it is like below then basic hotspots will not be available

output:
run-as: Package 'com.intel.vtune' is unknown
package:/data/app/com.intel.vtune-1.apk

BTW, is it possible root your device? Rooting should fix basic hotspots abd provide advanced-hotspots collections.

http://opensource.dell.com/releases/Venue_8_7840_Merrifield/developer-edition/

Kirill

 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
38 Views

 

Hi, Kirill. I typed the command and the output result is the same as you guessed. By the way, is there any instruction for root Venue_8_7840? 

KIRILL U. (Intel) wrote:

Looks like known android issue with run-as.

Could you check output from 'adb shell run-as com.intel.vtune id; pm path com.intel.vtune'?
if it is like below then basic hotspots will not be available

output:
run-as: Package 'com.intel.vtune' is unknown
package:/data/app/com.intel.vtune-1.apk

BTW, is it possible root your device? Rooting should fix basic hotspots abd provide advanced-hotspots collections.

http://opensource.dell.com/releases/Venue_8_7840_Merrifield/developer-edition/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
38 Views

Naux F. wrote:

 

Hi, Kirill. I typed the command and the output result is the same as you guessed. By the way, is there any instruction for root Venue_8_7840? 

Quote:

KIRILL U. (Intel) wrote:

 

Looks like known android issue with run-as.

Could you check output from 'adb shell run-as com.intel.vtune id; pm path com.intel.vtune'?
if it is like below then basic hotspots will not be available

output:
run-as: Package 'com.intel.vtune' is unknown
package:/data/app/com.intel.vtune-1.apk

BTW, is it possible root your device? Rooting should fix basic hotspots abd provide advanced-hotspots collections.

http://opensource.dell.com/releases/Venue_8_7840_Merrifield/developer-edition/

 

 

http://opensource.dell.com/releases/Venue_8_7840_Merrifield/developer-edition/
the link should include pdf instructions and needed flash files

 

0 Kudos