Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Inspector fails every time

greg_wheeler
Beginner

Hi. I'm running Inspector 2020 Update 3 on win10. I cannot get Inspector to run successfully against my application. I always get the same error (see attached screen shots).

My target application is an exe, launched by a batch file. I checked the command line syntax and it looks ok to me (I bolded the actual launch command + arguments below):

inspxe-cl -collect mi3 -knob detect-invalid-accesses=true -knob analyze-stack=false -knob detect-leaks-on-exit=true -knob detect-resource-leaks=true -knob enable-memory-growth-detection=true -knob enable-on-demand-leak-detection=true -knob remove-duplicates=true -knob still-allocated-memory=true -knob stack-depth=16 -mrte-mode=native -executable-of-interest=aview.exe -module-filter-mode=include -module-filter=C:\Builds\GW_VertDev\obj\prod\release\win64\tpl_view.dll -module-filter=C:\Builds\GW_VertDev\obj\prod\release\win64\adams.dll -module-filter=C:\Builds\GW_VertDev\obj\prod\release\win64\amd.dll -module-filter=C:\Builds\GW_VertDev\obj\prod\release\win64\aview.dll -module-filter=C:\Builds\GW_VertDev\obj\prod\release\win64\vfc.dll -app-working-dir C:\MyDevSpace\testrun\vertdev -- C:\Builds\GW_VertDev\obj\prod\release\common\mdi.bat acar ru-st b test.cmd

I tried with and without the "Include only the following module(s)" toggle.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

This is a known issue and we are working on it internally. We will get back to you with an update.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
Xiao_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Greg,

This issue was lost during the triaging process. This appears a bug in Intel® Inspector. We have reported it to the developer team. Please watch the release notes of the future release for the fix. Thank you.

Best,

Xiao

0 Kudos