Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5002 Discussions

Installation of Advisor is not working on HPC

PierrickPochelu
Beginner

Hello,
I tried in our 2 different HPC (one with AMD EPYC, the second intel XEON) and each time the following is not working.

Config HPC 1: CPU: AMD EPYC, OS: Red Hat Entreprise Linux 8.3

Config HPC 2: CPU: Intel Xeon, OS: Red Hat Entreprise Linux 8.6

I download

./l_oneapi_advisor_p_2024.0.1.17_offline.sh -a --install-dir ./install_2024/ --download-dir ./download_2024/ --eula accept

Error message during installation:

Extract l_oneapi_advisor_p_2024.0.1.17_offline to /work/projects/cadom/soft/advisor/l_oneapi_advisor_p_2024.0.1.17_offline...
[#####################################################################################################]
Extract l_oneapi_advisor_p_2024.0.1.17_offline completed!
Checking system requirements...
Done.
Wait while the installer is preparing...
Error:
Unable to set up. Get support at
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/support.html
Remove extracted files: /work/projects/cadom/soft/advisor/l_oneapi_advisor_p_2024.0.1.17_offline..

I also tried with Intel Advisor 2021 but the installation is stuck forever with no CPU activity

./l_oneapi_advisor_p_2021.4.0.389_offline.sh

The logs:

Extract l_oneapi_advisor_p_2021.4.0.389_offline to /home/users/ppochelu/l_oneapi_advisor_p_2021.4.0.389_offline...
[#####################################################################################################]
Extract l_oneapi_advisor_p_2021.4.0.389_offline completed!
Checking system requirements...
Done.
Wait while the installer is preparing...

and is stuck forever. The GUI is stuck with the progress bar at 60%.

What to do for installing Intel Advisor please ?

1 Solution
PierrickPochelu
Beginner

Hello,

I solved the installation issue by reading the log files in the /tmp/ directory.  A file named "intel" in my home directory was causing the problem, preventing the creation of a directory named "intel" by the installer even though I specified other locations (install dir and download dir).

Many thanks for your prompt responses!

PP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yuzhang3_intel

Please provide Intel Xeon platform information, thanks.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

Are there any log files? They should be in /tmp/<user>/intel_oneapi_installer/2024...

0 Kudos
PierrickPochelu
Beginner

Hello,

I solved the installation issue by reading the log files in the /tmp/ directory.  A file named "intel" in my home directory was causing the problem, preventing the creation of a directory named "intel" by the installer even though I specified other locations (install dir and download dir).

Many thanks for your prompt responses!

PP

0 Kudos