Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5015 Discussions

Intel Core TM 2 CPU 6300 @1.86 GHz LAGGS in game Tiberian Sun ( WestWood)

Erwin_Kouwenhoven

Intel Core TM 2 CPU 6300 @1.86 GHz LAGGS in game Tiberian Sun ( WestWood).

So What is the problem with the Intel Core TM 2 CPU 6300 @1.86

Unbelievable that the Intel Core TM 2 CPU 6300 @1.86 GHz LAGGS in game Tiberian Sun ( WestWood) as an old game as Tiberian Sun ran faster on my old Pentium 4 !!!!!!!!

Both procesors are try-ing to perform at about 100% while building for example a powerplant ( small item in tiberian sun game).
I tried shutting of 1 processor ( in game: rightclicked on game: tibsun in taskmonitor and clicked affinity and choose only CPU 1 or 2 ) to see if the problem occurred because of dual function. No better result.

Does someone here has a solution for this problem?

or ....should i ....start thinking about AMD technology?

( and why can't we ask technical support in a special technical support page WITH - E-mail adres of Intel??)
thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
As you haven't run across anyone with knowledge of your specific situation, I'll mention a generality or two. The original P4 had some peculiar opportunities for optimization which might have been exploited by a talented game developer, but could be counter-productive for later CPUs (and would not have been mimicked by AMD CPUs). Also, if it is a pure single threaded game relying on a high CPU clock speed, performance might be limited on a slower CPU, regardless of how modern it might be. If you read the ads, you might have noticed the promotion of Turbo Mode to boost performance of unthreaded applications. When Turbo is available, it can be shut off in BIOS settings, as it is a power waster.
0 Kudos