Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4554 Discussions

Multiple modules with module-filter

Frankie_F_1
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to seek clarification to usage of -module-filter option:

inspxe-cl -collect mi2 ... -module-filter module-A,module-B -- <command and arguments>

According to the manual, the above command would report memory errors for both module-A and module-B.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/node/430720

In my environment, the above does not work. It only reports 1 error, instead of a superset of module-A and module-B.

Instead, specifying module-filter multiple times like this worked for me:

inspxe-cl -collect mi2 ... -module-filter module-A -module-filter module-B -- <command and arguments>

I am using Intel Inspector XE 2013 Update 8 on Windows7-x64.

Thanks,

Frankie

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Frankie,

The comma-separated syntax should work, if there are no spaces. Can you double check that no spaces left between module names? And do you have a sample to share to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Kirill

Frankie_F_1
Beginner

Hello,

Yes I double-checked. It does not have white-spaces in between. I don't have an sample yet.

I switched to running cases with Inspector-GUI, I picked 2 modules to include as filter. From the 'Command Line...' Dialog, it is actually calling the inspector command-line with this argument:

-module-filter-mode=include -module-filter=[Absolute-Path-To-Module-1] -module-filter=[Absolute-Path-To-Module-2]

So the GUI is not using comma-separated arguments to -module-filter either.

Thanks,

Frankie

Peter_W_Intel
Employee

@ Frankie

I tested both, they can work!  For example:

#inspxe-cl -collect mi3 -module-filter-mode=include -module-filter=./primes.icc,/lib64/libpthread.so.0 -- ./primes.icc

#inspxe-cl -collect mi3 -module-filter-mode=include -module-filter=./primes.icc -module-filter=/lib64/libpthread.so.0 -- ./primes.icc