Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Nested Loops

newport_j
Beginner

I have a subprogram in my software that has a parallel site that contains nested loops. I am uncertain as to

how to annotate them. Can you direct me to some literature on this?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Newport_j

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, I am following up on your request and will share them shortly. Thank you for your patience. Thank you. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos
newport_j
Beginner
Have you found out anymore about this? The issue of nested loops. Newport_j
0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, Here is the general recommendation for nested loops: "If your own program has nested loops and the computation time used by the innermost loop is small, consider adding task annotations around the next outermost loop. Use the Suitability Report Average Instance Time as a guide." If you have a sample program with the nested loop you have in mind (with similar computation distribution among the nested loops), please share and I'd be happy to provide recommendations. Also, please check out the Parallel Universe case study titled "Embrace Parallelism with Intel(R) Parallel Advisor (cover story for http://software.intel.com/sites/products/parallelmag/parallel_mag_Issue8.pdf). Thank you. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos