Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Not able to run vTune as sudo user in centos

Raj25
Beginner

Hi,

I'm running vtune version 2022.3.0 on centos7. I can run os use vtune as a normal user and profile my code.

When I run it as sudo user, vtune starts, however, I can load any existing projects or create new project for profiling. I get following error "Failed to open /home/user/workplace/Profiling/MovWriter/MovWriter.vtuneproj"

I get following message when I ru vtune as sudo user:

[3407:0725/105136.881358:ERROR:bus.cc(392)] Failed to connect to the bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
[3407:0725/105136.881652:ERROR:bus.cc(392)] Failed to connect to the bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
[3453:0725/105136.887366:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(441)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is swiftshader
Error creating proxy: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark, 18)
Gtk-Message: 10:51:42.016: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.

(vtune-gui:3407): dconf-WARNING **: 10:51:42.088: failed to commit changes to dconf: The connection is closed

Does anyone knows what need to be done so that I can vtune as sudo user, I've already reinstalled vtune without any success.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Raj25
Beginner

Owner of the directory where I was creating the project was root, I changed the owner to normal user and change the permission to 0777 and it works now. Though, still not sure why I was able to create project as normal user and not as sudo user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Raj25
Beginner

Owner of the directory where I was creating the project was root, I changed the owner to normal user and change the permission to 0777 and it works now. Though, still not sure why I was able to create project as normal user and not as sudo user.

0 Kudos
ShyamS_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Intel communities. Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thanks for sharing the solution with us. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Shyam Sundar

0 Kudos