Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Optimizing Visual Basic Code

numsgil
Beginner
First of all this forum is hard to find!

Is there a version of VTune I can get for Windows 98? I do programming in a seperate partition that runs Windows 98. It's a pain to restart the computer to check out the speed effects of code changes.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
hi numsgil!
Regarding your comment "First of all this forum is hard to find!", can you tell me how you did find it?
We are always trying to make it easier to find our resources. We have some things in the works that should make it easier to find this forum, so hopefully that will help. I would like to understand where you looked before you found this forum so that we can try to put the information in the right places.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
numsgil
Beginner
I found it by:

google Vtune, goes to VTune's home page.

Clicked in the toolbar services->developer's services

In the new toolbar clicked on community.

If anyone has an old demo of 6.1 they could send me I'd be grateful.
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Thanks! That's interesting.
I'm wondering why you didn't go to Intel's website to search from there?
Also, were you looking specifically for a forum, or something/anything else?
Finally, how could we have made it easier to find?
Thanks,again!
0 Kudos
numsgil
Beginner
I was looking for someone else who'd been working on VB code using VTune. There are a bunch of functions in the VB dynamic link library that didn't make any sense to me (I've since figured it out).

The forum would work better for me if:

1. It was visible when you're googling around for stuff on VTune.
2. You didn't have to dredge through a bunch of stuff to find it. If there was a link to the forums from the download page, that would make it 100% better.
3. The forum looked more like a forum and less like a subset of the intel site. I didn't realize I had found the forum right away because it doesn't really look like a forum.
0 Kudos
dsha2
Beginner
I'm second to support the opinion about the forums. One day (about a month ago) I decided that there should be a forum dedicated to Intel Software products and started to search for it on the Intel site. I spent may be 10 minutes there but failed to find it! Then I went to Google and issued a query like 'forums VTune' that brought me here. I believe there should be a more convenient way for discovering the forum.
0 Kudos
dsha2
Beginner
I'm second to support the opinion about the forum.
One day (about a month ago) I decided that there should be a forum dedicated to Intel Software products and started to search for it on the Intel site. I spent may be 10 minutes there but failed to find it! Then I went to Google and issued a query like 'forums VTune' that brought me here. I believe there should be a more convenient way for discovering the forum.
0 Kudos
dsha2
Beginner
Also, the forum's user interface is very far from ideal, though it's another story. Just look at the two previous posts - they are duplicated only because I didn't realize that the first message was posted successfully!
0 Kudos