I am running Windows 10, with Visual Studio 2015 (Update 1) and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 (Update 1). I have many problems with the Advisor 2016 tutorials available here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/advisorxe-tutorials
- Vectorization tutorial (Matrix/vector product)
- If you follow the tutorial, using NOALIAS has no effect on vectorization. I have tried to add /Qrestrict (NOALIAS uses the restrict keyword), but it does not change anything. It works fine under Linux though.
- Threading tutorial (n queens problem):
- There is a problem with the "size" variable. I have the feeling that it conflicts with std::size because you use "using namespace std".
- The code presented on this page ( https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/529158 ) is not the serial code but the Cilk+ code.