Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Text typed on Vtune input cells like project, goes to termianl where vtune-gui got started

armand
Beginner

After installing vtune-gui stand along package on mac, /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune_profiler/2021.1.2/MacOS and sourcing setvars.sh, once vtune-gui is started as sudo, any attempt to type on input boxes sends text to terminal that started the vtune-gui.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As your issue is related to Vtune, we have a dedicated forum that Supports Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector). We are redirecting this thread there for a faster response.

Have a Good day.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We are forwarding the case to SME.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
DMITRY_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Armando,

I escalated this issue to development. I will let you know as soon as I get any information.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DMITRY_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Armando,

Developers ask: why is it important to start vtune-gui with *sudo* since we're not supporting Mac OS profiling?

0 Kudos
armand
Beginner

After installation on my Mac (company laptop with security enabled), it is only using sudo how the Vtune UI gets started.

Starting Vtune from Mac in order to do remote profiling of Linux servers. Using Vtune 2020 it is possible to get the UI started and do remote profiling.

0 Kudos
DMITRY_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Armando,

Thank you for this information.

Regarding the issue you experienced: this is a known issue and our developers work on a fix.

0 Kudos
armand
Beginner

Thanks Dmitry,

What is the latest working version I can use on Mac? Pls share a link to download.

Thank you,

Armando

0 Kudos