Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5035 Discussions

VTune error: This analysis type is not applicable to the current machine microarchitecture.

-Light-
Novice

Hi, all.

When I launch VTune for Fortran project, see error:

This analysis type is not applicable to the system because VTune Profiler cannot recognize the processor. If this is a new Intel processor, please check for an updated version of VTune Profiler. If this is an unreleased Intel processor, please contact Online Service Center for an NDA product package.

This analysis type is not applicable to the current machine microarchitecture

CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H 16G RAM
VTune Profiler 2024.1

I saw the same issue mentioned in a related thread, but that was for the i7-2600K. I'm using the 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H processor and the latest version of VTune 2024.1. Why am I still experiencing this problem?
What can be done to fix this?
Thanks in advance, 

Light_0-1716375363477.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Jun, we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
yuzhang3_intel

It seems the issue is submitted repeatedly. We have discussions about the issue on the below post.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Analyzers/VTune-error-This-analysis-type-is-not-applicable-to-the-current/m-p/1599755#M24721

0 Kudos