Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Vtune cannot find debugg information for Python

mariael
Employee

Hi!

I am using vtune through the command line to profile a python scrip that does very simple stuff. 

when I run with the memory-consumption option or the hotspots option, I get the messages:

vtune: Warning: Cannot locate debugging information for file `/home/user/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numpy/core/_multiarray_umath.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'

vtune: Warning: Cannot locate debugging information for file `/home/user/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/_libs/arrays.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'.

What should I do to enable debugging info of python libraries?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AayushiR_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Those are warning that you can be ignore since the python packages does not contain debugging symbols and information in them. VTune reports them since it is not present.

VTune displays these information as verbose messages for the analysis/collection.

Thanks,

Aayushi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AayushiR_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Those are warning that you can be ignore since the python packages does not contain debugging symbols and information in them. VTune reports them since it is not present.

VTune displays these information as verbose messages for the analysis/collection.

Thanks,

Aayushi

AayushiR_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Aayushi

0 Kudos