Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

about VTune on xscale dev-board

daydream
Beginner
I have installed VTune data collector and server on my xscale pxa255 dev-board but I can't run it. After reading a doc named "Check_BSP_Support_VTune1.doc", I found that maybe I should build a new WinCE OS image which supports VTune. But there are many places in that doc which referred a word "Intel BSP" and I don't understand its meaning exactly. My questions are: should I rebuild my OS image? if that's true, where can I get the necessary files such as "Intel BSP" ? Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
What "dev-board" are you using? Most dev boards are from Intel and include the Intel BSP. Are you using something else? I know there is another company making a dev board. I think it is called Carbonaro*, or something like that, from Intrinsyc* (sp?).

Message Edited by dlanders on 06-17-2004 10:00 AM

0 Kudos
daydream
Beginner
They call it "Lubbock", it's processor is PXA255. Thanks
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

At this point, you need to submit an issue at Intel Premier Support so that we can provide technical support. It should work on the Lubbock, as long as you are loadinga BSP from Intel.

(Make sure you have registered your copy of the analyzer. For evals, this had to be done before you could get a license, but for CD purchases you must do this, also! Registering gives you access to the correct product on Intel Premier Support.)

Message Edited by DaveA on 06-21-2004 12:30 PM

0 Kudos
adamward
Beginner
BSP = Board Support Package

http://support.intel.com/design/pca/applicationsprocessors/swsup/pxa25x_swlib.htm

says:-

Board support packages for Microsoft WindowsCE* .NET, PocketPC 2002, Smartphone 2002, Symbian* OS, PalmOS* and Linux are available for the Intel DBPXA25x Development Platform. Please contact your Intel field sales representative for access to this code.

something like this may be of interest too?
http://appzone.intel.com/pcadn/product.asp?productid=367
0 Kudos