Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

command line -no-auto-finalize

Jump to solution

A couple of questions on finalization.

We're working on Knights Landing processor.  Obviously finalization on KNL is slower than on Xeon, taking somewhere between 5 to 15 minutes for a moderately large code.  We started using -no-auto-finalize on the KNL collection and finalizing in the GUI ( open an empty project, set up the Properties with binary, source search, bin search.  Then Open Results - loading the results finalizes in the GUI and all is good. )

Couple of questions: 

Why isn't there a command line finalization command like in Vtune?  something like 'advixe-cl  -finalize -project dir <foo> -search-dir all:r=<foo>

I would like a command line way to finalize so collection could be done on the KNL and I could finalize from the command line on Xeon.  Please add a Feature Request for this.  It would be helpful to run batch tests overnight w/o the GUI and have everything collected and finalized in batch command line mode.

Next question:  is finalization a one-time event?  Is there a Re-finalize results like in Vtune?  Can one re-finalize results, and if so, is there a hidden button or a command line command to do this?

Ron

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

You can also remove the .norun file from the result directory and then open the results and it will refinalize

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Ron,

I can file a feature request.

Finalization is a one time event. I think you can delete move some files to force re-finalization. Let me verify.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

To force finalization you can remove

rank.*/hs***/sqlite-db sub-directory

I'm filing a CQ Feature request for the above functionality you mention

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

You can also remove the .norun file from the result directory and then open the results and it will refinalize

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Just to confirm - Is there a CQ Feature Request for advixe-cl to support a separate finalization command similiar to that provided by Vtune, an advixe-cl  -finalize <args>  sort of functionality?

0 Kudos