Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

font size

Ron_Green

How do I increase amplxe-gui font size?  Linux, Fedora 22, KDE desktop

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

VTune uses system fonts - so, you'll need to change your system configuration. AFAIK for KDE it is done via "System Settings - Application Appearance - Fonts".

Is VTune font size less than in other UI applications?

0 Kudos
Christian_C_
Beginner

Here's one data point...

I'm using a trial version of VTune Amplifier XE 2017, on Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon Edition.  (I'm stuck with that desktop, so I'm just happy that VTune's GUI works at all.)

The system is a laptop with a high-DPI display, so with the current generation of display managers and apps, I sometimes have problems with very small fonts.  I had this problem with VTune's GUI as well.

I was able to make some of VTune's GUI's fonts larger by creating a file "~/.gtkrc-2.0", with this content:

style "user-font" {

font_name = "DejaVu Sans 14"
}
widget_class "*" style "user-font"
gtk-font-name="DejaVu Sans 14"

Unfortunately, that had no effect on the primary pane that occupies most of VTune's window.  All of the fonts in that section remain almost unreadably small.

0 Kudos
Hui_L_1
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue as Christian : mint18.1 + hidpi

I also tried vtune 15 before, it works fine with HIDPI. Now with the latest version, hidpi support is dead, that's unbelievable...

0 Kudos
snout_hound
New Contributor I

How do I make the font size larger that vtune uses?  I am running vtune from the oneapi 2022.1.0 install on Fedora 34 on a laptop with a high resolution screen.  I am using KDE as my desktop window manager.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
snout_hound
New Contributor I

There has not been a response to my post above on 12/27/2021 and I do not have a solution for being able to read the fonts in the VTune GUI other than using a magnifying glass which does not work well.  Is VTune a GTK application?  If so, is it possible to configure fonts for VTune using a GTK resource file?  There seems to be some indication that this might be possible from the post above by Christian on 3/7/2017.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos