Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

integration with VS 2015, no 64-bit version, does not recognize Windows 10

David_Eberly
New Contributor I

I had installed Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 4 on a Windows 8.1 machine.  Integration into Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 worked with Inspector, Amplifier, and Advisor showing up in the VS menu bar.  Integration into Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 worked only for Amplifier.  I noticed in the "Program Files (x86)\Intel\VTune Amplifier XE 2015" folder the *.msi files for VS 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015.  However, in the Inspector and Advisor folders I saw only the *.msi files for VS 2010, 2012, and 2013.  In the Inspector's bin32 folder I see inspxe-gui.exe but the same-named executable does not ocur in the Inspector's bin64 folder.  Is this a problem with installation?  Or is the integration with VS 2015 and the 64-bit inspxe-gui.exe planned for the next update?

I also wanted to run Inspector on a Windows 10 machine (with the Technical Preview).  Running from a command window (and the 32-bit version of inspxe-gui.exe which is all I appear to have), Inspector fails when trying to run on a project with "unknown operating system."  Yet Amplifier runs on a Windows 10 machine, so I imagine it recognizes the operating system version.  Same question:  Is this a problem with installation?  Or will this support occur once Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015 (RTM) ship?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I suppose that Windows* 10 still hasn't been supported yet.

Supported Microsoft Visual Studio* versions are described in release notes:
    Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010 SP1
    Microsoft Visual Studio* 2012
    Microsoft Visual Studio* 2013

0 Kudos
Buddhika_C_
Novice

As Dave Eberly mention I also had installed Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 5 on a Windows 10 Pro x64 machine.  Integration into Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 worked with Inspector, Amplifier, and Advisor showing up in the VS menu bar.  Integration into Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 worked only for Amplifier. How to fix Intel Inspector and Advisor 2015 XE with Visual Studio 2015 please help.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
David_Eberly
New Contributor I

The only solution appears to be to upgrade to Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1, which was released mid-November.  The components of this release work for me on Windows 10 (both the initial version 10.0.10240 and the November update 10.0.10586).

0 Kudos
Buddhika_C_
Novice

Can I update my existing Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 5 to Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1 with same license file or should buy Parallel Studio XE 2016 ? if we can update existing  Parallel Studio XE 2015  into 2016 version without purchasing ,Please could you tell me the updating procedure ?
Thank you very much for the info' Deberly

0 Kudos
David_Eberly
New Contributor I

You did purchase Parallel Studio through a reseller, correct?  It is my understanding that you renew for 1 year at a time--at least my license is set up that way.  If your license is still active, you should be able to update to latest.  If the license is expired, you must purchase a new license.  My license file can be opened as a text file, and the expiration date of the license is obviously displayed.  You can verify your expiration date the same way.

0 Kudos
Buddhika_C_
Novice

Thanks for the quick reply.I tried to install 2016 version over 2015 update 5 ,unfortunately 2016 installer rejects my current license.What should I do? Do you have any solution? If there any supportive weblink please post it.
Thank you once again.

0 Kudos
David_Eberly
New Contributor I

I had a similar problem.  The licensing model changed.  I was sent these links.  You provide host ID for a machine for your particular product, a license file is generated, and it is mailed to you.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/required-product-license-upgrade-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-find-the-host-id-for-the-named-user-license

0 Kudos
Buddhika_C_
Novice

It's really helpful I give it a try.Thank you once again.

0 Kudos