Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

intel vtune warning - current graphics driver does not allow enable source/assembly analysis for OpenCL kernels running on intel

hasbullah_p_
Beginner

"current graphics driver does not allow enable source/assembly analysis for OpenCL kernels running on intel"

hi there,

i would like to profile my openCL codes on intel atom board e3825 but the warning message above appeared and i cant profile the openCL traces. the version of the graphics drivers tested was the latest Intel HD Graphics (10.18.10.4276 and lower), VTune (2016 & 2017) and the version of the OpenCL is OpenCL 1.2

regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anton_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Hasbullah,

If I'm not mistaken, Intel Atom E3825 is based on Ivy Bridge Graphics, and OpenCL Source/Assembly view feature works only for Haswell and later architectures. That's why you see this message.

But we definitely should update text of message here to make it less confusing, so thanks for this bug report! 

0 Kudos
hasbullah_p_
Beginner

Anton G. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Hasbullah,

If I'm not mistaken, Intel Atom E3825 is based on Ivy Bridge Graphics, and OpenCL Source/Assembly view feature works only for Haswell and later architectures. That's why you see this message.

But we definitely should update text of message here to make it less confusing, so thanks for this bug report! 

may i know what is the possible way to profile OpenCL code in the intel atom e3825?

0 Kudos