Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

problems with first use of Vtune call gaph & source code

c_majed
Beginner
Hi all

I'm student and I try Vtune evaluation software. I cant display the source code when I double clic on modul view on my program I have not the functions of the program but adresses and when i double clic on one of this hotspots I have a message saying that it can't find source wich is in C and it dispaly a assembly code.
I have also problem with call graph view in fact when I lanch a call graph test I show a result but I dont find my program and my functions. I dont know if all that is because I use an evaluation version?

Thanks for help

Majed CHATTI.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you did not compile with debug options (at least for all functions in your call stack), VTune cannot attempt to find source code. If you have Microsoft style debug symbols, it should either locate source code automatically, or pop up a window inviting you to specify source location, and .pdb if relevant.
With gcc debug symbols, I found VTune working OK to find source code in a single file compilation only.
0 Kudos
c_majed
Beginner
I have one file source code with 3 functions and only one loop I write it just to tray Vtune.
0 Kudos