Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5019 Discussions

profiling an opencl applications using vtune

RamyaSri01
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am using Intel VTune to profile an application ( a sample matrix program ) on windows 11. I got an error while profiling hotspots . The error is shown in screenshot attached herewith.

And also anyone help me to execute OpenCL benchmarks on intel integrated UHD 620 graphics and profile them to get timeseries data of low level counters like memory bandwidth, IPC, cache statistics? 

Thanks and regards

Ramya Sri

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us. We can observe from the provided screenshot that you are not using the official matrix sample. Can you kindly try running the analysis using the official matrix sample located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\latest\samples\en\C++\matrix\matrix.exe" and check if the issue still persists?

Regards

Thasneem Vazim

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Regarding your first issue related to Intel VTune, please provide us with the following information:

1) VTune version.

2) Exact steps and the commands used.

3) Are you running VTune as an administrator? If not, kindly try running VTune as an administrator and perform the analysis.

4) Could you kindly provide a screenshot of the Analysis configuration page, similar to the one attached for your reference?

ThasneemV_Intel_0-1694955961934.png

Since the second issue is a duplicate thread of https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/profiling-opencl-benchmarks/m-p/1522499, we will continue addressing the issue there.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

RamyaSri01
New Contributor I

yes, I had run Vtune as an administrator only.  configuration screenshot attached here.

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you!

To assist you better, could you kindly share the following details:

1) VTune version.

2) Exact steps and the commands used.

3) Could you kindly provide a screenshot of the Analysis configuration page, similar to the one attached for your reference?

ThasneemV_Intel_0-1695107271452.png

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

RamyaSri01
New Contributor I

Hi, 

analysis configuration tab screenshot is attached here.

Thanks,

Ramya

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us. We can observe from the provided screenshot that you are not using the official matrix sample. Can you kindly try running the analysis using the official matrix sample located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\latest\samples\en\C++\matrix\matrix.exe" and check if the issue still persists?

Regards

Thasneem Vazim

ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos
RamyaSri01
New Contributor I

Yes it is resolved for now thank you. I will try for local programs also. If it doesn't work , I will post query. 

Thank you 

Ramya

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos